(To Listen: Click Play Icon Below)
In 2014, I wrote a long-form article entitled: Auto Detailing Paint Correction Lighting Concepts Explained. This was a deep dive that explained how light functions and then applied the relevant concepts to Paint Polishing a.k.a. Paint Correction or Buffing.
Proper lighting is crucial for all detailers who polish automotive surfaces to remove defects because it greatly impacts the end result. Essentially, if someone cannot see the imperfections, in or on the paint, then they cannot accurately evaluate them for improvement or removal.
In episode #38 of the Ammo NYC D+P podcast; Larry Kosilla of Ammo NYC, Kevin Brown (no relation) of Buffdaddy.com, and myself discuss the importance of lighting in auto detailing. We dig into the aspects of lighting which are most critical and relevant to paint correction. These universal lighting characteristics are fundamentally important to all detailers who wish to produce the highest quality results.
I view this interview (conversation) as an extension of the original article. While there is much more to lighting than the article and the podcast can cover, I believe this allows people (detailers) to get a better overall grasp on the concept of lighting.
Main Topics of Podcast Discussion:
- Lighting to Emulate Sunlight
- The Aspects of Paint Polishing Which Lighting Heavily Influences
- Best Color Temperature of Light to View Defects
- Exploring The Type of Light Bulb Technology & Characteristics to Best Display Defects
- Why MORE Light Isn’t Always the Answer
- Methods to Adjust or Manipulate Lighting in order to Best View Defects
I hope you enjoy our conversation and pick up some valuable auto detailing lighting info along the way.
Keep on Buffin’
© Christopher Brown of OCDCarCare Los Angeles – OCDCarCare.com
For more auto detailing and car care related topics please browse:
OCDCarCare Los Angeles’s – Auto Detailing Article Archive
- Christopher Brown Talks Auto Detailing Lighting on Ammo NYC Podcast - 21 November, 2019
- Why Automotive Ceramic Coatings CANT Prevent Water Spots - 6 July, 2019
- Ceramic Coating Marketing Lies: BS Hardness Values 9H 10H - 29 May, 2019